Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Woken Furies Review

Took me a lot longer then I thought it would to finish this book. 

Woken Furies by Richard K Morgan

Woken Furies is the third, and the final book in the Takeshi Kovacs series. I actually started this book sometime last year, got bored, and had trouble getting back into it. It's not a bad book book by any shape of the imagination, but it does take it's sweet time getting to the point. Could almost take the parts, and make different books out of them. Just so it didn't feel so damn long. It's odd though. Normally I like it when a book takes it's time, and let's the main character get where he's going.

Though this book seemed to be about alot of things. Hope, and life coming full circle. I'm kinda going to miss this series, but at this point I feel like even the writer was getting bored with this character/universe. So maybe it's for the best.

Final Thoughts: After finally finishing it, and Red Faction: Geurilla I feel a sense of irony. Both are about fighting for what you believe in. If you ever found yourself liking a Phillip K. Dick book, give Altered Carbon a shot. It's the first book in the Takeshi Kovacs saga. If you're a fan of Outer Limits/Twilight, and Man on Fire give Broken Angel a shot. As for Woken Furies..every main character deserves there final ride.

Next Review: Greywalker by Kat Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment