Greywalker by Kat Richardson
When I first read the The Third Death of the Little Clay Dog in Mean Streets I thought Kat Richardson had an interesting style. There is just something about the depth of culture, and people she relates to the page that has an interesting dynamic. Now that I've finally read Greywalker that remains true, and like you'd expect reading a novel vs. a short story you get so much more out of it.
As for the story itself I really expected more of ghost talker then what I got. Partly because of the short story, but weaving in other mythologies into the Grey to make a more complex, and compelling story. It's almost like reading a supernatural version of 3D. Though I'm not exactly sure where the series is going, but the journey is always more fun then the destination.
I don't read many female authors. Not entirely sure why, but at least I have no regrets, and may have learned a thing or two.
Next Review: Unless I have a problem, In Hero Years...I'm Dead by Micheal A. Stackpole. Otherwise it'll be Clash of Kings by George RR Martin.
No comments:
Post a Comment